- SPEAS is an investment company investing in private equity funds. The Company is listed on Nasdaq Copenhagen.
- SPEAS invests in a portfolio of buy-out funds active in the Nordic region, both funds primarily investing in a single country in the Nordic region and funds investing in Europe. Nordic buy-out funds have historically generated attractive returns.
- At present, SPEAS prioritises distribution to shareholders over new investment commitments. Distribution will be in the form of share buybacks and/or dividends.
- Distribution to shareholders will reduce SPEAS’s investment capacity to an extent expected to result in a winding-up of the Company.
- Since 2014, SPEAS has distributed a total dividend of DKK 19,900 per share (overview).
SPEAS is classified as a tax-exempt investment company. Please refer here for more information on the taxation of SPEAS shares.
Private equity is a long term investment. It is therefore not recommendable to invest in a listed private equity fund-of-funds company with expectations of a short term gain.